Summer Intern/Co-op, Commercial Banking : 00008PDO
Employment Type: Fixed Term
WHO WE ARE
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. In 71 countries and territories serving around 46 million customers, our ambition is to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper.
Our network covers both established and emerging markets across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America. Our unrivalled global presence gives us access to more than 85 percent of global trade and capital flows. Within these markets, we serve our customers through our global businesses: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, Global Private Banking, and Retails Banking and Wealth Management.
HSBC AND YOU
We are looking for forward-thinking, driven and perceptive graduates who will become the future leaders of HSBC.
This programme appeals particularly to individuals who are self-starters, highly driven, passionate about growing commercial business and have high levels of integrity.
This will be backed up with a wealth of training and development opportunities, including support to study for a professional qualification, a graduate buddy, a dedicated programme manager and access to senior business leaders through regular development events. In this way, you will learn about client satisfaction, the impact of governance and risk management, you’ll work on key products and have the chance to oversee business projects.
There will be plenty of people around to support you. You’ll be assigned a mentor and buddy, who will be on hand to offer advice and guidance and provide a sounding-board for your ideas. There will be many opportunities to develop your network of contacts within Global Banking and beyond. You’ll also be able to take part in our sustainability initiatives. Our volunteering programme, for example, could help you to develop new skills, while contributing to the communities in which we work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Achieve a technical understanding In Commercial Banking, its products, solutions, systems and procedures
- Develop communication, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills working as a part of the Commercial Banking Team
- Build project management skills, including prioritisation and time management, understand strategic context and develop confidence around senior managers
- Analysis of financial and non-financial information, taking into account the economic and regulatory environment in your analysis
- Take responsibility for tracking and recording customer information, preparing standardised reports
- Ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have an overall minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Have consistently achieved objectives set for you and taken action to improve your own performance.
- Have self-awareness with the confidence to work independently and take responsibility for your own development.
- Have worked collaboratively with other colleagues, supporting them when possible.
- Have superior qualitative, analytical, communication and leadership skills.
- Have strong leadership capabilities.
- Have demonstrated active participation in the community / university.
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will be proactive, forward-thinking, ready to challenge the status quo, with strong drive and determination, keen to learn and develop at all times, have a natural ability to build relationships with colleagues and a willingness to deliver on difficult assignments, possess an aptitude for understanding the underlying strategy which underpins the bank direction, be skilled at project management and have a keen interest in business development.
Please make sure that you will have the right to work in Canada.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other, and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
Job Field : Graduates & Internships
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 23-Jan-2017, 17:46:55 Unposting Date : 11-Feb-2017, 02:59:00