- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Kainaiwa Children’s Services Corporation is a growing, dynamic First Nations organization providing programs and services to Blood Tribe children and families in need of support and protection so that they can become positive, healthy contributing members of our community.
We are now accepting applications for the following positions with the Prevention & Support Program.
Band Designate: (Location in Calgary) (1 Contract Part time Position) Competition # 041515RBD – PS
Position Summary: The Kainaiwa Children’s Services Corporation (KCSC) Band Designate reports to the Prevention & Support Manager, the incumbent is involved in the planning of the Blood Tribe children through its collaborative efforts with the Child and Family Services Authorities (CFSA’s) and the Delegated First Nations Agencies (DFNA’s). The involvement of the Band Designate is to ensure consistency as well as community and cultural expertise and family ties to the Blood Tribe and preserving the child’s cultural identity while in the care of the director. The incumbents understanding of Kainaiwa Children’s Services Corporation initiatives will assist him/her to determine the best interest of the child, youth and family. This position will also facilitate co-operation and sharing of knowledge within CFSA’s, the DFNA’s and other First Nations. This position must have knowledge and be sensitive to Aboriginal cultures, customs and traditions, including in-depth knowledge of the First Nations Agencies that deliver their own Child Protection and Family Enhancement on-reserve or off-reserve and good knowledge of the policies and standards that are set out by the Province and/or KCSC.
- Advocate for Blood Tribe children and extended family (registered and potential to be registered);
- Assist with facilitating family, community and cultural connections;
- Participate in family group conferences as a resource;
- Assist the legal guardian to obtain Registered Indian Status and Band Membership permanency planning; Qualification: A University Degree in Social Work or related discipline (Sociology or Psychology) or a Social Work or Child
and Youth Care Diploma; Equivalency: related education or experience may be considered.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must have knowledge and experience in the Child Welfare field
- Knowledge of the Blackfoot Language and Culture an asset.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: April 15, 2015 (4:30 p.m.)
All positions must be willing to work in a team environment; Must possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation. Undergo a Criminal Record Check and an Intervention Services Information System (ISIS) Check; Confidentiality is a necessity.
Send/Fax/Email Resume’s and Cover Letters, quoting the Competition Number to:
Kainaiwa Children’s Services Corporation
Attention: Corporate Services
Box 120, Standoff, AB T0L 1Y0
Fax: (403) 737-3299 Email: [email protected]
(Important) Application must include the following:
- Resume (including Degree/Diploma/Certificate) and/or pertinent documents with three (3) current employment references
- Current Criminal Record Check and Intervention Services Information System (ISIS) Check
- Copy of Drivers License
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: