- Atlantic NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Sheldon Kennedy contributes to Mental Health Review
Oct 08, 2015
Sheldon Kennedy, former NHL hockey player and activist for preventing sexual abuse, met with the Mental Health Review Committee in Edmonton on October 8 to share his insights on improving Alberta’s current addictions and mental health system.
“As someone who has been an advocate for children who suffer from bullying, abuse and harassment, I am pleased to provide my input on how to strengthen mental health and addictions support in Alberta. It is important that no vulnerable person be left without the mental health supports they need, and I encourage all Albertans to take part in this review.”
Sheldon Kennedy, former NHL hockey player and activist for abuse prevention
“We’re grateful to Sheldon for taking the time to provide us with his input and advice, and we also want to encourage all Albertans to use the online survey to share their unique perspectives on how we can improve our current addictions and mental health system.”
Sarah Hoffman, Minister of Health
Since the review began September 1, the committee has received numerous contributions from individual Albertans and stakeholder organizations, including:
- 1,500 completed online questionnaires
- 22 written submissions from various organizations
- 21 one-on-one presentations
- Six full-day stakeholder engagement sessions, with 175 participants bringing a diverse range of perspectives
- Three meetings in First Nation communities, with 90 participants
All Albertans can take part in the review by filling out the online questionnaire, which is available until Friday, October 23.
The committee will be finalizing its recommendations by the end of December.
- Albertans can now provide ideas to strengthen addiction and mental health services (Sept 1)
- Mental Health Review announcement (June 15)
Press Secretary, Health
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.