Enbridge taking time on deciding next move on Northern Gateway pipeline – CTV

Enbridge taking time on deciding next move on Northern Gateway pipeline – CTV

by pmnationtalk on December 3, 2015290 Views

December 3, 2015

CALGARY — Enbridge’s CEO says a decision on whether or not to build the controversial Northern Gateway pipeline across British Columbia may come in late 2016, though the company is not concerned with sticking to a certain timeline.

Al Monaco also says a ban on tanker traffic along B.C.’s north coast, made official by the new Trudeau Liberal government last month, does not mean Enbridge is giving up — even though many critics have said the ban effectively kills the project.

Monaco says Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Natural Resources Minister Jim Carr have both shown they’re open to listen to Enbridge’s point of view and have talked about the importance of opening new markets for Canadian crude.

Read More: http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/enbridge-taking-time-on-deciding-next-move-on-northern-gateway-pipeline-1.2684990

Send To Friend Email Print Story

Comments are closed.

NationTalk Partners & Sponsors Learn More