AMI Announces RockChain(TM) 2.0 and Securing $4 Million RockChain Transportation Contract
Edmonton, Alberta–(Newsfile Corp. – April 28, 2021) – Athabasca Minerals Inc. (TSXV: AMI) (“Athabasca”, the “Corporation” or “AMI”) is pleased to announce the following:
- AMI RockChain, its wholly-owned subsidiary, has secured a transportation contract with a confidential client valued at $4 million.
- The upgrade of AMI RockChain’s proprietary technologies (“RockChainTM 2.0″) which increases the speed and accuracy of its supply chain algorithms to support increased demand by customers and industry users.
Robert Beekhuizen, AMI’s Chief Executive Officer stated: “AMI RockChain is serving a growing number of customers and projects across the nation. The power and versatility of the RockChainTM tech-platform is expanding to keep pace. In April, our integrated logistics solutions were tendered and selected as best overall value for a confidential client requiring significant trucking capacity to ensure a large delivery of industrial minerals in Q2-2021. This resulted in AMI RockChain receiving a $4 million contract.
“The frequency of RockChain bids has accelerated dramatically year-to-date, and we are now bidding numerous projects daily. With this increased activity, we have improved the automation of our supply chain processes in terms of speed and accuracy. Our most recent system upgrade was launched this month, which we deem “RockChain™ 2.0″. We are capable of rapidly providing our customers with smart bids replete with market intelligence on aggregates for target locations across the country and underpinned by regional econometric data. It is exciting to see how the technology advancements and our operational excellence model are working hand-in-glove, as we bring reliable and extremely competitive delivery solutions to industry.”
In terms of other corporate news, AMI Aggregates, the Corporation’s base division, recently received final provincial approvals for development and operation of the Hargwen aggregates pit located between Edmonton and Jasper, Alberta. The Hargwen Pit is situated in the vicinity of anticipated highway, pipeline, and energy projects in Western Alberta.
ABOUT ATHABASCA MINERALS INC.
Athabasca Minerals is an integrated group of companies capable of full life-cycle development and supply of aggregates and industrial minerals. The Corporation is comprised of the following business units:
- AMI Aggregates division produces and sells aggregates out of its corporate pits and manages the Coffey Lake Public Pit on behalf of the Province of Alberta.
- AMI Silica division (www.amisilica.com) is positioning to become a leading supplier of premium domestic silica sand with three regional deposits located in Alberta and NE-BC (White Rabbit, Firebag and Montney), and holds a 5-year purchase agreement with Shell Canada for the supply of proppant.
- Privco1 & Privco2 are private Alberta corporations owned by AMI that hold the Montney and White Rabbit domestic sand deposits, respectively which are strategically located with respect to the Montney and Duvernay sedimentary basins. Privco2 supports the Duvernay Sand Project, which is finalizing FEED (Front-End Engineering & Development) with the participation of an international industrial partner who brings access to rail, power, industrial water and heat recovery with green benefits, utilities and infrastructure.
- AMI RockChain division (www.amirockchain.com) is a midstream, technology-enabled business that deploys its proprietary RockChain™ digital platform, associated industry econometrics, supply-chain algorithms, quality-assurance & safety programs to bring customers integrated supply-delivery solutions of industrial minerals to industry, infrastructure and construction sectors.
- TerraShift Engineering (www.terrashift.ca) was acquired by AMI RockChain in June 2020. TerraShift offers engineering and project services, proprietary technology applications such as TerraMaps, with expertise in resource exploration & development, mine planning, environmental reclamation and remediation, regulatory approvals, and compliance reporting, serving a growing customer base across Western Canada and Ontario.
For further information, please contact:
Tanya Finney, Director, Investor and Stakeholder Relations
Tel: 587-391-0548 / Email: [email protected]