401 9th Avenue SW
Job Family Group:
Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
YOU + BMO RADICLE
Making a difference by enabling solutions to reduce carbon emissions.
Destined to enable environmental and economic prosperity.
Visit https://radiclebalance.com/about-bmo-radicle to learn more about our history, people and mission.
BMO Radicle is a team driving planet-positive change through a combination of technology and people. Being part of that energy involves working across fast-paced and growing teams with your avant-garde and forward-thinking. You will work with sustainability experts, software development, and value-driving sales teams to set out how best to accelerate emission reductions.
EQ vs. IQ. Our culture embraces both emotional and intellectual intelligence. In fact, we care more about your EQ. Psychological safety is a necessity if we are to reach our ambitious goals. To support this roadmap, we leverage culture tools and continued education to ensure leaders come and stay great leaders and teams, happy and performing teams.
We invest in our people. We strive to give you a place to grow and thrive outside of your comfort zones, with a team that empowers and supports you every step of the way. We believe growth is a journey. We celebrate failures as learning experiences. Our goal is to course-correct early and often – that’s one way we’ll know we’re on the right path.
Vice President, Climate Smart Advisory
This position can be based in Calgary AB, Vancouver, BC or remote
Radicle is looking for a confident leader to join as Vice President, Climate Smart Advisory as part of our Sustainability Strategy and Credit Development team. You will play a vital role in managing our Sustainability Advisory team who is responsible for delivering the Climate Smart Product and Service.
Working closely with Climate Smart product team, you will empower business leaders to take climate-care action within their organization and demonstrate the real positive impacts emissions reductions initiatives can have. A unique mix of team management and mentoring; providing subject matter expertise; and influence over the growth and direction of this service line makes this an exciting role that will provide an opportunity to work with multiple teams across the company.
Radicle is looking for a strong leader and self-motivated professional who thrives on autonomy and ownership over their work. Ideal candidates are adaptable, proactive, team players with a passion for climate solutions and customer service. You can manage and grow a team of technical experts, while supporting the service to stay ahead of a competitive and changing field of corporate sustainability.
Primary Job Components
The Vice President is responsible for managing the technical delivery team of the Climate Smart service for clients, guiding them through the development of a corporate GHG inventory and reduction strategy. This can include additional services to our corporate clients including target setting, compliance with ESG reporting and other technical services related to corporate sustainability.
- Manage a growing team of Sustainability Advisors working to support clients through the Climate Smart service, with an emphasis on internal culture and client success
- Own the successful delivery of the Climate Smart service and scale of impact through planned reductions and reductions achieved by our clients
- Identify opportunities for structural and service improvements, with an eye on how best to leverage our team’s expertise versus the role of training and software
- Provide subject matter expertise support to the Sustainability Advisors in an ever-changing landscape of reporting and quantification standards
- Partner with the product team to identify and implement operational and service improvements.
- Manage the team transition required for scaling up the service
- Collaborate with the advisory team on strategic corporate sustainability consulting projects
- Manage subcontractors and support teams for success
- 3+ years of professional experience in corporate sustainability with an emphasis on GHG accounting and management. Understanding of avoided emission and LCA frameworks an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- 4+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience in client service or advisory role preferred, customer service oriented
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty and be flexible/nimble.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Open minded, resourceful and a team player
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.