First Nations Technical Services Advisory Group Inc has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination.
ACRS Technical Advisor – Building Inspector
First Nations Technical Advisory Group Alberta (TSAG) is seeking to employ a full time Building Inspector to join our Asset Condition Reporting System (ACRS) team. This role will require experience in aspects of design, construction and operations and maintenance of building infrastructure.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- To update and verify the First Nation’s Capital Asset Inventory via the ICMS Data Quality Verification report.
- To obtain detailed inspections of capital assets, including Building Systems inspections using technical knowledge & expertise.
- To obtain asset condition ratings and asset maintenance ratings of all funded building assets.
- To identify maintenance needs required to protect user health and safety and to prolong the life of the asset.
- To identify whether assets are being operated and maintained properly, meeting health & safety requirements, providing the community with the level of services intended, and minimizing the need for premature recapitalization.
- To compare maintenance needs from the last ACRS inspection with present conditions to determine the extent of maintenance needs completion.
- Assist the First Nations in the development of the Maintenance Management Plans (MMP) to address deficiencies identified as a result of the ACRS report.
- To provide electronic ACRS inspection reports using the Export/Import spreadsheet format provided by ISC for uploading directly into ICMS.
Required Skills and Qualifications Will Include:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or diploma in Engineering Technology from an accredited University or Technical Institution.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience relating to Municipal Facilities with comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of infrastructure.
- Experience in building design, construction and maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Federal and Provincial codes, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines applicable to water and wastewater and roads.
- A solid understanding of the operations and maintenance of buildings and infrastructure.
- Strong commitment to First Nations goals, objectives and values and to TSAG’s corporate culture and principles.
- Experience in Project Management is a definite asset.
- A valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation is mandatory and this job requires extensive driving and absence from home base for extended periods of time.