Date: Nov 5, 2021
Location: All locations, CA
Company: Wilfrid Laurier University
Department: Human Resources
Job Type: Temporary
Full-time/Part-time: Part Time (>=1249 hrs/year)
Campus: All locations
Reports to: Floater Requesting Manager
Employee Group: Other
Requisition ID: 2184
Wilfrid Laurier University is a leading multi-campus university that excels at educating with purpose. Through its exceptional employees, students, researchers, leaders, and educators, Laurier has built a reputation as a world-class institution known for its rich student experience, academic excellence, and global impact. With a commitment to Indigenization and commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, Laurier’s thriving community has a place for everyone.
Laurier has more than 19,000 students and 2,100 faculty and staff across campuses in Waterloo and Brantford, as well as a location in Kitchener. The university is committed to providing an inclusive workplace and employing a workforce that is reflective of local and national demographics. Our locations are situated on the traditional territories of the Neutral, Anishnawbe, and Haudenosaunee peoples. We recognize the unique heritages of Indigenous peoples and support their intentions to preserve and express their distinctive Indigenous cultures, histories, and knowledge through academic programming and co-curricular activities. Laurier’s Centre for Indigegogy is one example of how Laurier honours Indigenous knowledge.
Are you looking to explore new career paths? Develop your existing skills? Are you interested in casual, temporary work?
The temporary pool at Laurier is a great way to explore new areas, use and build on your experience, and get to know the university and its people. Laurier is recruiting talented individuals who can bring diverse perspectives, skills and lived experiences to the Laurier Community. Temporary assignments in the university are needed during periods of temporary rush, for special assignments, or when replacements are needed for absent employees. Temporary assignments are for a maximum of 70 working days. The assignments could be located at the Kitchener, Waterloo or Brantford campus. Please note that if selected for the temporary pool, work assignments are not guaranteed on an on-going basis..
- Business Development
- Data Entry/Analysis
- Financial Administration
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
- Office Management
- Project Coordination
- Customer Service
- Retail Operations
Looking for individuals who:
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills including the ability to multitask, prioritize and strong attention to detail
- Works effectively with others for the team and organizational success
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, working as an inclusive and accepting team member to promote a healthy work environment
- Actively listen and understands others/new perspectives
- Works effectively independently and in diverse team environments requiring collaboration and communication
- Takes initiative and pride in the work they perform, learns from setbacks and is willing to try again when faced with obstacles
- Open-minded to change
- Willing to advance professional skills, demonstrating a dedication to learning
Hours of Work:
There is a range of temporary opportunities that may include full-time and/or part-time assignments up to 35 hours a week. The range of hours can vary, depending on the assignment.