Company: Prairie Pride Meats Ltd.
Business information: We are a provincial inspected halal slaughtering facility, which is dedicated to the hand slaughter of lambs, goats and beef.
Business Location: 50308 Range Road 200, Tofield, AB, T0B 4J0
Work location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Slaughter livestock and remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
· Cut beef, lamb, goats or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging
· Remove bones from meat
· Cut meat into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use
· Work with a variety of hand tools (knives, saws, etc.).
· Sort, grade livestock and check for any defects or abnormalities.
· Maintain a clean and hygienic work area, including cutting knives and other equipment.
-Education: Not required
-Experience: Completion of a program/course in industrial meat cutting OR at least 1 year of experience as a slaughterer, industrial butcher, trimmer or in related occupations is required.
-On the job training will be provided.
-Must take direction and abide by safety rules.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Personal Suitability: Team player, Accurate
Salary: $19.00 to $20.00 hourly, 40 to 45 Hours per week.
Accommodation available at a discounted rate. Travel expenses will be covered by the employer if the worker needs to relocate.
Flexibility on schedule is required. Work schedule is Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Occasional overtime may be required based on operational needs.
Apply by mail to: 249-50418 Range Road 202, Beaver County, AB, T0B 4J2
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]