Company: Aralyn Poultry Ltd.
Business information: We produce hatching eggs for the broiler industry
Business address: RR3 Ponoka, AB T4J 1R3
Work Location: NE-29-42-26-W4 RR3 Ponoka, AB T4J 1R3
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Supervise and oversee breeding and other related programs
• Provide agricultural services such as artificial insemination, spraying or shearing of poultry or disinfecting pens, barns or poultry houses
• Assist in the development and implementation of farm safety and bio-security procedures
• Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers
• Develop work schedules and establish procedures
• Maintain work records and logs
• Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment (feeding and watering system, egg gathering system)
• Monitor the health of chickens
• Maintain quality control and production records
• Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
• Perform general farm duties
Education: Completion of high school
Experience: At least two years of experience as a farm worker/supervisor or a post-secondary certificate is required.
Ability to Supervise: 5 -10 people
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking for extended periods, Large workload.
Work Site Environment: Dusty, Noisy, Odours.
Personal Suitability: Excellent written communication, Organized, Flexibility, Team player, Excellent oral communication, Reliability.
Salary: $21.63 hourly, 40-50 Hours per week.
Benefits: Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Accommodation available at a discounted rate. Coveralls, boots, gloves, dust masks provided.
Important Information: Flexibility is required. This position will require working Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some weekend work may be required from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Employee will always work a minimum of 30 hours regardless of the weather condition.
Type of Farm Operations: Poultry and egg production.
Work Location Information: Rural Area, Remote location.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: RR3 Ponoka, AB T4J 1R3
Apply by fax: 403-783-8010