Personal Banker : 00008061
Employment Type: Fixed Term
To provide superior customer service, sales, operational administration, and risk controls meet customer needs across multiple distribution channels.
Impact on the Business
- Perform a variety of sales and service activities to retail, Advance, Premier and Business Banking customers, either face to face or through an alternate channel.
- Put emphasis on counter services, risk operation and control
- Recognize opportunities by making referrals for client conversion, acquisition of new account relationships and or cross and up-sell of HSBC products and services that cross multiple distribution channels.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to area of specialty as well as using the appropriate centralized processes in place.
- Ensure compliance, security and fraud, operational and system controls in accordance with HSBC regulatory standards and government regulations.
- Provide operational support to the business as required.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Identify and understand basic customer needs in order to complete transactions with speed, efficiency and certainty.
- Act as first level escalation for handling customer inquiries.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to promote products and expand customer relationships.
- Exceed customer expectations in terms of speed, efficiency, certainty and professionalism, either face to face or through an alternate channel.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Contribute to team-based approach in managing customer needs.
- Actively participate and assist with all Bank promotional programs, sales targets and direct marketing initiatives.
- Participate in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge and cross selling skills.
- Actively refer customers to other areas of HSBC where appropriate.
- Demonstrate Group capabilities.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Adhere to operational policies and procedures and effectively identifies and manages applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Work is of low complexity and involves straightforward challenges.
- Work is performed under general direction according to set parameters and set sales / performance targets.
- Require some initiative and independent judgment in completing work, but supervisor provides direction for unfamiliar situations.
- Work is reviewed for attainment of standards, achievement of targets, adherence to policies, procedures, and timelines.
- Decisions may impact the productivity / performance of functional area, other employees and customer.
- May work in call center or branch environment where systems are available in meeting services quality objectives.
- May be required to work shifts outside of regular business hours.
- May be required to travel within region to backfill other branch responsibilities.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Secondary school graduation.
- Demonstrated experience in banking or related industry in a customer service / client facing role.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Team player, development minded with ability to sell.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to be mobile in local community.
- Ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- Basic knowledge of HSBC’s products and services.
- Sound knowledge of HSBC’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Understand / speak second language is an asset.
Job Field : Customer Service
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Alberta-Red Deer
Schedule : Part-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Region vacancy
Job Posting : 30-Nov-2016, 12:56:22 Unposting Date : 10-Dec-2016, 02:59:00