- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Overhead Cranes – Service Technician
CRS CraneSystems Inc., head office located at 333 Strathmore Way, Sherwood Park, Alberta, T8H 2K2 requires the services of Overhead Crane Technicians in each of their locations:
333 Strathmore Way, Sherwood Park, Alberta;
56 Freeport Cres NE, Unit 16, Calgary, Alberta;
1A-20097 92A Ave., Langley, British Columbia; and
215 Traders Blvd E, Unit 5, Mississauga, Ontario
The full time (40 hours a week) and permanent appointment will be required to complete the following duties:
· Panel wiring of crane equipment.
· Wiring of remote systems.
· Electrical servicing of lifting equipment.
· Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment that forms part of overhead cranes.
· Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits and feeders that form parts of overhead cranes.
· Test electrical components that form parts of overhead cranes for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
· Maintain, repair, install and test switchgears, transformers, switchboard meters and regulators that form parts of overhead cranes.
· Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, electrical control systems that form parts of overhead cranes.
· Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems, and other related devices that form parts of overhead cranes.
· Conduct electrical preventative maintenance programs and keep records.
· Mechanical servicing of lifting equipment which includes the inspection of gearboxes and oil levels, measuring of long travel and cross travel wheels for wear, greasing of open gears and grease points, inspection of load ropes for basic wear or tightness.
· Mechanical troubleshooting and repairing of lifting equipment, which involves basic rigging of solid weights onto load hooks. The knowledge of the operation of electronic load cells is essential.
· Installation and commissioning of new cranes and supply systems.
· Overhauling of long travel, cross travel and hoist gearboxes.
· Calibration of load cells and load limiters.
· Reading blueprints of cranes.
· Inspecting overhead cranes for malfunctions and incorrect operations.
· Assemble and install new overhead cranes.
Applicants must have:
· At least 8000 hours experience in maintenance of overhead cranes as required by Canada Standards Authority B 167-96, par. 6.1.
· Over 3 years’ experience in maintaining Overhead Cranes, undertaking upgrades and modernizations.
· A qualified electrician from any jurisdiction. Red Seal/Journeyman Electrical Preferred.
· Language at work place is English.
· Ability to work on their own or part of a team.
Wages and Benefits
Sherwood Park, AB – $41.40 hourly
Calgary, AB – $41.40 hourly
Langley, BC – $37.50 hourly
Mississauga, ON – $39.00 hourly
The benefits include Group Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, RRSP Benefits
How to Apply
Resumes can be e-mailed to: [email protected] or faxed to 780-955-8808, or delivered in person to any of the branches listed above.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: