As the Manager of Finance, you will be responsible for the administration, organization, and management of all financial activities performed by Dadan Sivunivut and all of its subsidiaries, while promoting a strategic and fiscally responsible environment.
Highlights of this opportunity:
- Manage and update accounting records, systems and controls ensuring processes and procedures are efficient, and reliable;
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly financial closing process;
- Evaluate and prepare monthly reports and financial statements for Dadan and subsidiaries;
- Ensure timely invoice tracking and payments to vendors, contractors, and other parties;
- Ensure contractual obligations and payment terms are followed;
- Attend board meetings reporting on financial performance and activities. Provide strategic advice, insights, and guidance;
- Manage, coach, and provide ongoing support to financial accounting team;
- Ensure proper records are maintained and reconciled;
- Work in cooperation with President/CEO to ensure adhesion to strategic plan and meet yearly expectations as defined;
- Prepare annual Public Benefit Corporation documentation in preparation of APTN’s consolidated audit and year-end financials of Dadan Sivunivut;
- Coordinate and support annual audit;
- May be responsible for human resource related functions such as payroll;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of long-term organizational strategic and business plans;
- Ensure the secure handling and storage of confidential information;
- Assist other team members; and carries out other duties as needed and assigned;
- Travel maybe required.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- A diploma / certificate in a related discipline with proven experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A professional accounting designation is an asset;
- Knowledge and experience with accounting and payroll software is required;
- Knowledge and experience in tax filings and preparing and delivering monthly financial reports;
- Knowledge and experience in negotiating with banks and other financial institutions;
- Knowledge and experience working with an Indigenous organization and cultural perspectives is an asset;
- Proficiency with Internet, E-mail and other business-related computer software is required.
Your new opportunity awaits. Please apply before Wednesday, February 24, 2021 to: Danielle Perrault at [email protected]
The position is ideally located in Ontario but candidates from other regions will be considered as this position can be done remotely. Access to high-speed internet is necessary to accomplish the remote working arrangement.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment, all interviews will be held via MS teams or teleconference