Title: Manager, Documentation & Processes
Location: Canada (Flexible)
Employment status: Temporary Full Time – 12 months
Salary band: $53,818 – $78,485
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Manager, Documentation & Processes to join our Recovery Services team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are looking for a Manager, Documentation & Processes, who will play a key role in creating process documents to support Canadian Red Cross’s Recovery Services team. The position will document and standardize program and recovery operations processes as we continue to scale services and support brought forward by the Canadian Red Cross (CRC) to communities across Canada. Working with the Director, Recovery Services or designate , the position will excel at working in a matrix environment and will establish strong relationships across multiple geographies and business units, as well as with external vendors, as required. The incumbent will apply their strong organization, writing and relationship building skills to develop key resources, templates, and documentation so we are able to reference our unique expertise.
In this role, you will:
- In collaboration with service lines and together with the program lead work with designated team members to document program or operational processes; map and understand each process translating it into process documents and tools.
- Hold consultation sessions with subject matter experts across programming and recovery teams, as well as with internal stakeholders to collect and organize results to reflect current or desired practices.
- Review and socialize processes with subject matter experts and where possible, suggest improvements and refine documentation.
- Regularly review processes with program leads and update them as needed based on changes in process, program scope or delivery.
- Create a reference library within the Recovery Services on SharePoint (also known as knowledge/quality hub) of methodologies and standards that is widely accessible to the team.
- Work with our core team of specialists and technical experts who are trained and well versed in our grant core methodology and approach for each funding program.
- Establish documentation practices for new and existing grant programs to gather requirements, interactions to support the consistency in administration of the grant programs.
- Participate in disaster and recovery operation planning, preparation and response, as required.
What we are looking for:
- University degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution or a combination of relevant experience and years of working.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in communications, process mapping and/or process development. Demonstrated experience working in program development or in a project team.
- Experience mapping and developing processes. Trained or experienced in change management (PROSCI or other) a strong asset.
- Exceptional written communication skills with the ability to understand requirements and write new or update existing documentation in clear and concise manner.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills required, fluency in French is an asset.
- Computer and technology skills – skilled in Visio or other process mapping software is essential.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of stakeholders and to build relationships across diverse groups.
- Experience working with Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Ability to work non-traditional and extended hours on short notice.
- Some travel across Canada may be required.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.