Job ID: 259924
Date posted: 01/31/2023
Location: Calgary, Canada
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Cargill’s North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, food service and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
• Perform preventative maintenance and troubleshoot equipment safely while abiding by all policies & procedures.
• Perform preventive maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment.
• Follow company policies (performance, safety, etc.).
• Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment.
• Perform administrative tasks including completing permits, parts ordering, and work order completion.
• Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, and pounding with hammer
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
• Ability to work in elevated areas
• Must be able to read/write English
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to work overtime
• Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
• At least of 2 years of experience in production related work
• Alberta or Inter-Provincial Journeyman Certificate (Full License)
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
• Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
• Able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold
• Basic food safety knowledge
• Experience in food manufacturing or packaging
• Knowledge of CFIA requirements for food manufacturing
This Full Time position is located in Calgary, Alberta ; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.