Company: Peace Hills Investments Ltd. o/a Best Western Wayside Inn
Business information: Located in the historic town of Wetaskiwin, the Best Western Wayside Inn is a full- service hotel that combines small-town comfort with modern-day amenities. The Best Western Wayside Inn is one of the most accessible hotels in Wetaskiwin, conveniently located on Highway 2A, Wetaskiwin’s Auto Mile. Other conveniences include an on-site exercise room, free wireless Internet, and a Fine Dining Restaurant and Lounge.
Business address: 4103 56 Street, Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A 1V2
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Organize and manage buffets and banquets (when the pandemic situation allows us to do so)
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
– Education: Completion of high school is required
– Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a cook is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 3 years of experience then a post-secondary certificate is required
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, repetitive tasks, standing for extended periods, attention to detail, physically demanding
-Personal suitability: Team player, initiative, client focus, dependability, reliability, flexibility, organized.
-Language: English is required
Salary: $16.00 -18.00 hourly, 37.5- 40 hours per week.
Benefits: Gratuities, medical and dental benefits, group and life insurance benefits will be provided.
Important Information: The chosen candidate will work 5 days a week. The working hours will be set anywhere between 7 AM and 11 PM. Possible shifts include: 7 am to 3 pm, 8 am to 4 pm, 3 pm to 11 pm, and 4 pm to 11 pm. Flexibility on schedule is required as some days will start earlier and others finish later depending on the business needs. Work on holidays is required. Various shifts and overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 4103 56 Street, Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A 1V2