- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
IT (information technology) Development Manager
Business Information:The Kee Tas Kee Now Education Authority (KTCEA) is responsible for the provision of second level education services and direct education services for six schools located in five First Nations geographically located across the northwest part of Alberta. These First Nations include: Loon River First Nation, Woodland Cree First Nation, Peerless/Trout First Nation, Whitefish Lake First Nation.
Business Location:Box 360
Red Earth Creek, AB, T0G 1X0
Lot 10, N1/2, Sec 2, TWP87, RGE9, W5M
Work Location: Multiple locations
Primary work location:
Lot 10, N1/2, Sec 2, TWP87, RGE9, W5M
Box 360, Red Earth Creek, AB, T0G 1X
Secondary work locations:
Cadotte Lake School –Cadotte Lake, AB T0H 0N0
Atikameg School –Atikameg, AB T0G 0C0
Little Buffalo School –Cadotte Lake, AB T0H 0N0
Clarence Jaycox School –Red Earth Creek, AB T0G 1X0
Kateri School – Trout Lake, AB T0G 2N0
Peerless Lake School – Pearless Lake, AB T0G 2W0
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for information systems
- Authorize the development of specifications for products or services
- Assign, co-ordinate and review projects and programs
- Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Directs and manages the daily operations and staff of the IT infrastructure to provide IT services to 6 K-12 School locations and a Central Office comprised of a current yet growing staff compliment of 203 staff and 1000 students.
- Provides focus and direction for the integration of all technologies, e.g. MS Server 2016 ADDS, MAIL, VOIP, PowerSchool, Xerox Printers MPS, PCs, Laptops and Chromebook technology.
- Researches methods and strategies for training provisioning in technology to all Administrative and Teaching Staff.
- Provides consultative services for deployment and use of technology in consultation with other Departments and supervises technology-based pilot projects or initiatives.
- Provides leadership to the KTCEA Technology committee in fulfilling the mandate of the corporate technology plan and manage and communicate incident management of network architecture.
- Prepares, develops and manages project budgets, timelines and supervises accounts relating to the KTCEA IT department and coordinates with management in developing and implementing business strategic plans and operating IT policies.
- Coordinates with business teams to analyze project contracts, proposals, requirements, and service level agreements.
- Manages service contracts for Axial ISP, ThinkTel, XplorerNet, TELUS and Xerox for the Network infrastructure of KTCEA, Websites and new School IT Projects Infrastructure.
- Utilizes project management experience to lead various global and regional projects within the KTCEA.
- Evaluates and revises project plans to meet changing project demands in a timely manner.
- Manages project planning, staffing, schedules and expenses.
- Oversees everyday project operations and new projects to ensure timely delivery and within Planned Budgets.
- Oversees the availability of services, applications and infrastructure for project execution.
- Organizes project status meetings with customers and team members and interacts with customers to design and execute business solutions and ensure project deliverables meet highest quality standards and customer requirements.
- Develops organizational Policies and Standards and ensure that staffs adhere to these standards.
- Collaborates with management on application development, enhancement, and deployment activities.
- Evaluates project proposals and change requests and makes necessary recommendations for approval or rejection of proposals.
- Manages, procures, distributes and documents IT inventory to projects, staff and departments across the KTCEA.
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP);
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems development and operations; to handle computer system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines on behalf of employer.
- Assembles and manages the team of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Recruits, supervises and mentors computer analysts, technicians and other personnel, and oversees their professional development/training and performance evaluation.
Establish and implement policies and procedures for information systems
Authorize the development of specifications for products or services
Assign, co-ordinate and review projects and programs
Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
COMPUTER AND TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE
– Data analysis and interpretation
– Networking software
– Networking hardware
– Programming software
– Web service design
– Programming languages
– Website creation and management software
– Database management
– Enterprise Applications Integration (EAI)
– Desktop applications
– Data processing and systems
– Development of computer applications
– Recruit, train and supervise staff
– Associations and nonprofit organizations
– Education:A Bachelor’s or a Master’s degreein computer science, business administration, commerce, engineering or Information Technology is required.
–Experience:Minimum 4 years of experiencein systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design or computer programming, project management, including supervisory experience, are required.
– Ability to supervise: 5-10 people
-Travel is required to all 6 school sites and First Nations communities located within the geographically area.
– Valid driver’s license
– The following skills and competencies are assets:
– Cultural awareness of northern Cree communities served by KTCEA
– Realistic understanding of the realities of living in a remote northern community.
– Experience working in remote communities is an asset.
–The candidate must have:
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Exceptional organization skills
-Solid Judgement, Initiative, reliability
– Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
Due to the complexity and scope of the projects we handle the candidate requires:
– Cisco certified internetwork expert service provider (CCIE SP)
– Systems, Applications and Products (SAP) Certified
Salary: $54.30 – $56.00 hourly, 35 hours per week.
– Disability Insurance
– Extended Medical Insurance
– Dental Insurance
– Pension Plan
– Accommodations and access to a company vehicle may be negotiated upon commencement.
– Travel expenses are covered by the employer: Meals and accommodations are covered by the organization for the expenses incurred by the employee while business travelling
Monday to Friday, work schedule is from 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Flexibility in schedule is required: extended work hours are occasionally required, and time in lieu is provided in these instances.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: