Title: Integration Specialist
Location: CAN – Flexible
Employment status: Permanent Full Time
Salary band: $71,298 – $89,122 /year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking an Integration Specialist to join our team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Collaborating with the D365 Solution Architect, the Integration Specialist is primarily responsible for designing, implementing and mediating integration flows and enhancements, including APIs and/or file-based integrations across platforms. The incumbent will collaborate closely with the Architects, Business Systems Analysts, Software Developers, Applications, and Infrastructure subject matter experts to assess potential integrations, evaluate new tools and software, deliver recommendations, and deliver scalable integration solutions.
The Integration Specialist is responsible for partnering with the business and IS stakeholders to define functional and technical specifications, evaluate various integration options, design integration standards, prototype and deploy integration solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the internal stakeholders and the Solution Architect to align on application integration architecture supporting enterprise needs.
- Develop, deploy, and maintains integration processes between Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions and other business systems, including Microsoft D365 and Power Platform based applications and custom solutions hosted on-premises and in Azure environment.
- Evaluate, deploy, and maintain pre-built APIs from other technology partners as well as develop custom APIs.
- Evaluate existing integration tools and solutions to provide recommendations for implementing new tools, re-implementing existing solutions, or building enhancements to current environment.
- Participate in business requirement gathering sessions; collaborate with the Business Systems Analysts on translating business requirements into technical requirements; participate in technical designs and test planning.
- Investigate and resolve issues with existing integration workflows and develop documentation for current and future integrations, including field mappings, transformation rules, flow diagrams, and training materials.
- Participate in feasibility analysis and discussions with Architects, Business Systems Analysts, Software Developers, Applications Specialists, and Subject Matter Experts.
- Collaborate with the QA team on developing integration tests to validate solution architecture.
What we are looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Information Technology, or equivalent education/experience and 8+ years of experience in IT.
- 5+ years of experience as an integration specialist working with business systems (CRM, ERP, HCM, etc.) and Active Directory.
- Strong hands-on experience with Power Automate and Azure suite (Logic Apps, Service Bus, API Management, etc.)
- Hands on experience managing and developing integrations using iPaaS tools, including both scheduled and real-time integrations.
- Knowledge of databases in SQL (MS SQL, MySQL) and NoSQL.
- Experience in Dynamics CRM and SharePoint Web API and API development.
- Working knowledge and deep understanding of Azure DevOps repos and its continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience integrating D365 and Power Platform based applications is desirable.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, communication skills.
- Experience with leading or participating in the gathering and documenting of business processes and requirements for the system with key business users.
- Ability to drive clarity and informed decision-making in the fact of ambiguous or shifting requirement.
- This position is required to work from home.
- Some travel across Canada may be required for meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.