Cargill is hiring for full time Industrial Butchers to work in our beef processing facility located in Guelph, Ontario. We are looking for applicants who value a safe stable working environment. As one of the world’s largest privately owned organizations, Cargill extends an attractive benefits package, competitive wage and enormous opportunities.
165 Dunlop Dr.
Guelph, Ontario, N1L1P4
40.00 Hours / Week
The work shift is 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Monday through Friday, with over-time as needed to fulfill production demands.
Over-time is at time and a half.
Meat processing and packing plant
Wage Range is $16.60 – $25.55/hour as per the collective agreement
Starting rate for experienced Industrial Butchers (6 + months of experience) is $19.05/hour
Starting rate for entry level (less than 6 months of experience) is $16.60/hour
as per the collective agreement. Prescription medication, Disability, Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits
will commence after three months of employment.
- Slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives
- Skin, clean and trim carcasses
- Remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- Split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling
- May slaughter cattle as prescribed by religious laws.
- 1 to less than 7 months butcher/knife experience required
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws is preferable
- Cargill specific on-the-job training is provided for selected candidates
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Commitment to safety and food quality processes
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision-making skills
- Reliability/ Dependability
- Basic English communication skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must pass company Medical Examination
- Must pass Criminal Background Check
- Legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
Performing repetitive tasks
- Fast paced environment
- Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for
extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of
hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
- Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
- Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing-
Cargill is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility
for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the
purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly by following the link below. All interested candidate must apply online in order to be
OR for more information please contact
Cargill Ltd. Dunlop Beef Facility, Human Resources Department
Address: 165 Dunlop Drive Guelph ON N1L 1P4
Tel: 519-823-5200 ext. 211 E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.cargill.ca