Human Resources Coordinator
One Year – Maternity Leave
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
The primary focus for the Human Resources Coordinator will be to support the Human Resources Director and CCAB’s employees. The individual in this role will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day administrative aspects within the team. CCAB is looking for an individual who is enthusiastic about supporting employee engagement, career growth, recruitment and enhancing our HRIS system management.
The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support for all Human Resources systems with a focus in the areas of database management (Data entry in our Dayforce, payroll and other online HR programs)
- Full cycle of the recruitment process from completing a needs analysis to hiring Booking training & development sessions
- Assisting our employees for the best outcome when providing human resources support to them Organizing, maintaining the recruitment, and onboarding programs
- Responsible for the Accounts Payable (AP) for all invoices within the HR Budget Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
- Previous experience (2 years) in human resources is required.
- Completion of Human Resources certifcate or working towards completion is essential.
- Ability to show empathy and passion in different situations.
- Effective communication skills (written and oral) are a necessity
- Strong computer skills are required; demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Offce suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good judgement, confdential, tact and the ability to collaborate easily with different employee needs professionally is necessary
- Strong interest in building your human resources career
Considered an Asset
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse cultures.
- Established connections within the Aboriginal business community and non-proft are an asset Bilingual English and French
- This position has a starting salary of $44,000 annually.
How to apply:
This position is open to Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Inuit, or Métis) who reside in Canada
Submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by email, with Human Resources Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. CCAB is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation when asked for an interview, please advise us in advance of our meeting.
For more information about Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business, visit: www.ccab.com