Read’s Heating Edmonton has become a leader in the home and commercial comfort industry. We started in Edson with a successful business model, geared towards great value and customer satisfaction that has spread their demand to the local Edmonton area. We are the solution for heating and air conditioning solutions for residential and commercial properties.
Read’s Heating Edmonton is currently looking for a Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems specialist to join our team at 3425 – 13 Street, Nisku, AB, T9E 1K7
• 2 vacancies
• $36.00 per hour
• 35 hours/week schedule
• Full time and permanent position
• Job start date: As soon as possible.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide technical guidance regarding the inspection, installation, maintenance, and repair of HVAC equipment;
• Inspects work in process to insure its completion within allotted time limits and for acceptable quality standards;
• Assist with the development and oversight of the HVAC maintenance budget;
• Test machines and equipment, ensure productivity of work;
• Read and comprehend schematics, blueprints, and various wiring diagrams;
• Work with supervisors/managers to coordinate tasks requiring group effort;
• Calculate material and labor estimates;
• Plan and organize jobs; create material list and procure tools for work order jobs and projects;
• Identify need for and develop preventive maintenance programs for HVAC systems and equipment;
• Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement;
• Identify energy conservation projects and assist in their planning and implementation;
• Practice proper work methods and techniques; comply with applicable standards and specifications; enforce safety regulations to ensure compliance in providing a safe environment for staff.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field;
• 2 years to 3 years experience;
• Ability to speak English
• Ability to Supervise: 3-4 people;
• Area of Specialization: Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system;
• Additional Skills: Computer-aided design (CAD);
• Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling;
• Personal Suitability: Values and ethics, Effective interpersonal skills, Organized, Team player, Dependability, Excellent written communication, Excellent oral communication, Client focus.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, then send your resume and a cover letter by email at [email protected] (please write position title in the email subject) or by mail at 3425 – 13 Street, Nisku, AB, T9E 1K7.