PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada and the United States. We have workforce of talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries.
PTW is hiring a HANDLER to join our team in Calgary!
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
- Meticulous experience in shunting 53′ feet flat and step deck trailers.
- Be able to operate 80′ feet long trombone trailers in the yard and able to drive over width loads.
- Must be able to handle and execute local deliveries and pickups in the construction sites and other vendor yards.
- Able to easily operate 1 ton flat deck with gooseneck trailers.
- Able to execute various shipping duties as required, such as picks and packages products for shipment.
- Unloads and receives parts, finished goods and returned goods.
- Able to inspect incoming shipments to ensure accuracy and inspects for damaged goods.
- Class 1 drivers’ license is a must.
- Class 1 LCV certification is required.
- Must have at least 3 years proven class 1 driving experience in an industrial, commercial facility.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in yard driving experience and executing local picks and deliveries.
- At least 4 years combined class 1 driving experience on flat beds and gooseneck trailers.
- Must have maintained clean commercial drivers abstract with less than 3 demerit points for the last 4 years.
- Be able to provide current commercial drivers abstract dated less than 30 days.
- Forklift and overhead Crane certification is a huge asset.
- Having class 1 driving experience in a pre-engineered or structural steel Manufacturing Company is a huge asset.
- Positive and energetic person with a strong affinity for working well in a team environment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must have own transportation as location is not accessible with public transportation.
Competitive Wages and benefits plans |RRSP program available | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Consistent work | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company
PTW is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.