PTW is hiring GENERAL LABOURERS to join our team in the Travers, AB area.
Working with a team of electricians, the General Labourer is actively and physically involved in preparing the site for the project’s scope of work. The General Labourer will create and maintain a clean work environment by moving, organizing and storing materials.
Check the location to make sure you’re comfortable with the commute. Range Rd 205A, Lomond, AB T0L 1G0
If you are local to the Travers area (or you can commute daily) and have experience as a GENERAL LABOURER on a construction site, we want to hear from you!
New teams start every week. APPLY TODAY!
GOOD TO KNOW…
- Must be local to the Travers/Vulcan area OR able to commute on a daily basis
- We work 10 days on, 4 days off, 10 hours per day
- Vehicle required to commute to site
- Want to get into the Electrical trade? We will help you start your Apprenticeship.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Sorts and moves materials, finished products and equipment.
- Prepares tools and supplies for the job site.
- Assists with pulling cable and installations of other electrical components as required.
- Operates a company vehicle.
- Loads/unloads equipment and materials. Cleans and maintains equipment. Manages and maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to the equipment.
- Experience as a General Labourer working on a construction site.
- Trailer pulling experience an asset.
- Ability to safely lift and carry materials 50 lbs and over on a frequent and repetitive basis.
- Work comfortably on construction sites in various weather conditions and environments.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated dedication.
- Ability to interface and communicate well with others. Understand and follow oral and written directions.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must have own transportation as location is not accessible with public transportation.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract required.
- Must have CSA approved safety boots.
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | Apprenticeship Tuition Program | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company.
We care about your health and safety. At PTW, we follow all protocols set by the provincial and local governments. We also implement measures as required by our clients and our own Health and Safety team.
PTW is a leader in electrical, instrumentation and rigid structures. We have over 2,500 talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day. PTW is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION