LOCATION: 9366 Main Street, Richibucto, NB E4W 4C9
POSITION: FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR ( 2 POSITION)
PERMANENT , FULLTIME
ENGLISH OR FRENCH REQUIRED
WAGE: $13.50 PER HOUR
NATURE OF THE WORK
The kitchen supervisor plans and directs the activities related to the preparation and the cooking of the menu items and performs the same role as the cooks.
• Plans and directs the activities related to the preparation and the cooking of the food;
• Ensures that the quality of the food conforms to standards;
• Evaluates the requirements and the cost of the food;
• Evaluates the requirements and the cost of labour;
• Oversees the activities of the cooks and of the kitchen staff;
• Insures the maintenance of a good work environment;
• Recruits and hires personnel in conjunction with the manager or the franchisee;
• Explains the new recipes and the new equipment to the kitchen staff;
• Orders the food and supplies;
• Teaches the cooks to prepare, cook, garnish and present the food;
• Executes all other tasks as requested by the manager or the franchisee.
This type of employment requires 7 months to 1one year experience as cook or as kitchen team leader. The ability to quickly grasp the facts, an analytical mind, facility with numbers and the ability to make decisions are required. A team spirit, collaboration, leadership and good communication skills are required. Confidence, integrity, stress management skills, dynamic personality, energy, autonomy, initiative, availability, flexibility and a focus on quality and organization are required.
Work hours are generally pre-scheduled and there is occasional overtime. The schedule varies according to the position, daytime, the night time or the weekend. It is frequently required to work evenings, weekends and statutory holidays. Work is rather intense at mealtimes. The work environment is noisy and there can be pressure to maintain the work pace. Risk of cuts, scrapes and burns. Occasional office work may be required.
• 4% Vacation pay
• 3% Statutory Holiday pay after 90 days
• 50% staff Meal program
• Tip pool (taxable earning)
• Medical benefits after 90 days (rates may vary)
• Overtime payable after 44 hours a week at $17.25 per hour
Apply in person 9366 Main Street, Richibucto, NB E4W 4C9, NB or email: [email protected]