Company: Yat Sun Food Products Ltd.
Business information: We are located in Edmonton, AB, and we are part of the Food Farmers Industry as we grow, pack and sell bean sprouts.
Business address: 12531 126 St NW, Edmonton, AB, T5L 0X4
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Maintain quality control and production records
· Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
· Co-ordinate and supervise the work of crop and vegetable labourers
· Develop work schedules and establish procedures
· Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
· Vegetable culling
· Mixing fertilizer
· Perform general crop and vegetable duties
· Operate and maintain farm machinery, equipment and crop buildings
· Hire and train staff
· Monitor the health of bean sprouts
· Maintain, monitor and review logs
· Receive orders and invoice
· Assist general labourers in their duties, when necessary
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience as a general labourer in the field are required. If the candidate does not have at least two years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Large workload
-Personal suitability: Excellent written and oral communication, Organized, Team Player
-Work site environment: Outdoors, Wet/damp, Dusty, Hot, Cold/refrigerated.
-Equipment and Machinery Experience: Harvesters, Automated irrigation system, Bean Sprout Growing Equipment, Bean Sprout Dehulling Machinery, Bean Sprout Packaging Machinery
-Ability to Supervise: 11-15 people
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 hourly, 40 – 48 Hours per week.
Benefits: Accommodation provided at a discounted rate.
Important Information: This position requires flexibility in schedule. Most common schedule will be from Monday to Saturday from 4am to 12pm. The hours of work will depend on variable factors such as the amounts of bean sprouts that need to be harvested and the team members in attendance. Weekend and overtime work may be required based on the business’ needs. Long hours will be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]