Executive Assistant – B’Maakonigan
Posting Date: February 24, 2023
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: To be determined based on qualifications and experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits plan available
Application Deadline: March 24, 2023
B’Maakonigan is a new governance entity established to support the First Nations that have signed the Anishinabek Nation Governance Agreement. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for supporting the administrative functions of B’Maakonigan. The successful candidate is expected to perform daily administrative activities.
What You Bring With You:
You are grounded in Anishinaabe aadziwin and will bring creativity and energy to building a new Anishinaabe Governance structure. You are knowledgeable, experienced, and energetic. The Executive Assistant is responsible for handling office-management duties including organizing events and meetings, coordinating employee calendars, prioritizing activities, preparing and organizing documents, maintaining records, taking meeting notes, and any other administrative tasks. The incumbent must be detail-oriented, anticipatory, organized, and able to work independently while managing confidential information.
What You Will Be Doing:
Some of the duties will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide excellent administrative support including calendar management, meeting support, travel arrangements, and drafting correspondence and e-mails with a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Coordinate and attend internal/external meetings as requested to document action items for independent follow-up.
- Represent the organization in a professional and confident manner in both written and verbal communications, internally and externally.
- Anticipate B’Maakonigan and board members’ organizational service needs, demonstrating resourcefulness, and critical thinking.
- Coordinate workflow to support a priority-driven work environment. This includes overseeing the coordination of meetings and events, travel arrangements, and registration for conferences/training.
- Manage the agendas, prepare meeting minutes, and provide overall administrative support to senior management.
- Provide general office administrative support including arranging agendas and minutes for meetings, processing invoices, and managing office supplies and equipment.
Relevant Experience and Education:
- Minimum of four (4)+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with the ability to become familiar with other media platforms.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong project management and organization skills; ability to perform, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Comfortable in a high-performing and quickly growing organization; demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills and a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and balance day-to-day tasks with strategic, long-term goals and timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate diplomatically.
- Awareness of Anishinaabe culture and willingness to continue learning.
To learn more about B’Maakonigan, please visit: https://www.governancevote.ca
If you are interested in this opportunity and want to be a part of this exciting new Anishinaabe Governance organization, please apply by e-mailing your cover letter, resume, and three (3) references noting “B’Maakonigan – EA’ in the subject line to:
Chief Executive Officer
E-mail: [email protected]
Miigwech to all applicants for their interest; preference will be given to members of the following First Nations that have ratified the Anishinabek Nation Governance Agreement: Wahnapitae, Moose Deer Point, Magnetawan, Zhiibaahaasing, and Nipissing. Other Anishinabek Nation citizens are also encouraged to apply.
Applications must be received no later than 4:30 PM EST on Friday, March 24, 2023.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.