Are you a registered Apprentice Electrician (1st, 2nd or 3rd year)? Ready and available to work in the Vulcan OR Travers areas? We want to hear from you! PTW is hiring Electrical Apprentices and Journeymen to join our team for various Renewable Energy projects in Southern Alberta. Over
50 30 positions to fill. Apply now for projects starting every week in September!
GOOD TO KNOW…
- CSTS required. Available to be completed online
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Physically demanding work.
- 10 days on, 4 days off. 10 hours per day.
- Travel allowance may be available?
- Not yet and Apprentice? Want to get into the Electrical trade? We will help you start your Apprenticeship.
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
- Reads and interprets drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Tests electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs AC/DC Motors and Drives, PLC’s, 480V power, 120V control circuits, 4160 volt switchgear, transformers, motors, starters, relays and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical controls.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Sizes and installs electrical circuits including panels, wire size and type, conduit, protective devices, switches, and related equipment needed to comply with the CEC and/or NEC.
- Fabricates, installs and/or runs conduit, 3-Phase work, motor terminations, control and instrument troubleshooting and panel work.
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable (i.e.: punctual and ready to work).
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work safely.
- Must have applicable safety tickets (i.e. CSTS, WHMIS 2015)
- Must be a registered apprentice.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must have own transportation as most locations are not accessible with public transportation.
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | Apprenticeship Tuition Program | RRSP program available | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company
We care about your health and safety. At PTW, we follow all protocols set by the provincial and local governments. We also implement measures as required by our clients and our own Health and Safety team.
PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada and the United States. We have workforce of talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries.
PTW is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION