CONCRETE FINISHER (NOC 7282)
Company: GCS General Contracting Services Inc.
Business information: We are industry leading experts on the safe and quality driven delivery of civil construction projects. Our primary scopes of expertise are horizontal directional drilling, concrete & asphalt and general earthworks & remediation.
Business Address: 54314 Range Road 255, Sturgeon County, AB, T8T 0T8
Work Location: Same as above and various locations in Edmonton and surrounding areas, Calgary and surrounding areas, and various locations within British Columbia depending on where our projects are located.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Check formworks, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
- Waterproof, damps proof and restore surfaces
- Concrete remediation and working around underground utilities
- Assist with the preparation of tenders and quotations
- Estimate cost and materials
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawings for concrete forms, rebar reinforcement, etc. as per project specifications
- Place and finish concrete surfaces to project specifications
- Execute field projects according to instructions provided by the client, project manager and the field supervisor
- Ensure freshly poured concrete surfaces are protected from constantly changing weather conditions (covered, heat & hoarded accordingly)
- Provide quality assurance/control for concrete pours
- Work with minimal supervision and direction
- Follow all safety and quality control procedures
- Participate in site safety meetings
- Drive to different job sites to perform job duties
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary education certificate is required OR completion of a two-to four-year apprenticeship program will help to qualify.
- Experience with curb, sidewalk, and various flat work and driveway finishing is required
- Grouting experience is an asset
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Tight deadlines, combination of sitting, standing, walking, handling heavy loads, bending, crouching, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time, physically demanding, overtime required.
- Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Personal Suitability: Client focus, team player, flexibility, accurate
- Work Site Environment: Dusty, noisy, weather conditions (hot, cold), at heights, outdoors
LICENCES AND SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license is required.
- CSTS 2020 training is required
- Ground Disturbance training is an asset
- Standard First Aid training is an asset
Salary: $30.00 – $32.00 per hour, 32 – 60 hours per week.
Benefits: Year-end bonus, transportation (vehicle) from one site to another provided.
Important information: Work schedule will be 6 days per week. Monday through Friday, the employee’s workday will begin at 7:00 am and end at 5:30 pm. On Saturday, the workday will begin at 7:00 am and end at 3:00 pm. Flexibility on schedule is needed, therefore, depending on the duties to be completed or the weather conditions, the employee could start earlier or finish later. **We guarantee 30 hours of work per week** Overtime will be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 54314 Range Road 255, Sturgeon County, AB, T8T 0T8