To apply, please click here
- Join one of Canada’s largest Indigenous corporations as a Class 1 Truck Driver
- Be part of a team committed to making a true difference to the vibrant Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- Enjoy a unique and diverse company culture with great employee benefits and a competitive hourly rate
Established in 1994 by the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation (ACFN), Acden is one of the largest Indigenous business and strategic services provider for Alberta oil sands throughout the Municipality of Wood Buffalo. With the help of Indigenous and local businesses, Acden Environment is the largest provider of waste management, recycling and landfill services with over 25 years of experience servicing Northern Alberta’s Oil Sands. We provide exceptional, high quality service, customized to meet your needs.
We at Acden are conscious about our environmental footprint and are always looking for ways to operate more sustainably, outlined in our “Better Earth Program”.
At Acden, we also highly value the hard-working and dedicated people that make up our team. We take great care of our internal family by nurturing a culture where compassion and kindness are key. If you are a like-minded, community-driven professional, you’re in the right place.
For more information about us, please visit our homepage by clicking here.
About the Opportunity
Acden currently has an exciting opportunity for a Class 1 Truck Driver to join our team on a full-time basis. This role will be based out of Fort McMurray, AB, on a 7-days on, 7-days off rotation.
Reporting to the Offsite Supervisor, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining waste services through collection and transportation of waste and equipment.
Your more typical responsibilities will include:
- Transporting of vehicles, heavy and/or over-dimensional loads, using various tractor/trailer combinations including but not limited to; Transport Van, Flat Deck, Super B, and Landoll
- Operating truck-mounted hydraulic hoisting devices and various highway tractor/trailers, including Lugger, Roll Off, Front Load, and trailer combinations
- Performing job tasks in accordance with all company and client policies and safe work procedures
- Providing long-haul transportation services, including overnight routes
- Notifying Dispatch Coordinator of delays, unsafe work sites, incidents, work hazards, equipment breakdowns and/or other maintenance or operational concerns
- Ensuring all waste services are completed in a safe and timely manner
- Inspecting and monitoring condition and functionality of the waste bins, report defects
- Addressing and resolving client concerns or appropriately escalating them to direct leadership and/or Supervisor
- Ensuring that housekeeping and cleanliness of all worksites and equipment are sustained
- Following strict safety guidelines including basic knowledge on Provincial and Transportation rules and regulations
In order to qualify for this role, you need a valid Class 1 Driver’s License, with minimum 3 years driving experience in Class 1 vehicles and trucks mentioned above or equivalent. Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certificate is strong asset but not required. Successful candidates will be provided with valuable training to ensure their success and safety on the role.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll take responsibility to safely execute our best practices while demonstrating adaptability to a variety of current and new routes as the company expands. Your friendly, humble, and independent nature will be a superb addition to the dynamic and diverse team here at Acden.
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive wage depending on skills and experience. In addition, Acden teams enjoy a wide range of excellent benefits, including:
- Extended health care, dental and vision
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Employee and family assistance program (EFAP)
- Optional RRSP matching
- Acden wellness program and a variety of employee perks
Upon joining Acden, you will be welcomed into a supportive, collaborative, and diverse team that takes pride in a job well done.
If you’re looking for a satisfying workplace and would like to take your career forward, Apply Now!
To apply, please click here