Company: S&G Bobcat Service Ltd.
Business Information: S&G Bobcat Services Ltd. is a company dedicated to providing construction, landscaping, general labour and support services to small businesses and farms, mainly within the agricultural industry.
Business Location: SE 19 30 25 W4, Linden, AB, T0M 1J0
Work Location: Various locations across Southern Alberta
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Monitoring animal health
- Detect disease and health problems in poultry
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow, and temperature in barns, pens, and chicken coops
- Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens
- Catch and remove live chickens out of the predetermined assigned poultry barns
- Catch and load poultry from predetermined assigned poultry barns into modules/crates
- Maintain or assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure
- Follow food safety, security and animal bio-security procedures
- Ensure that the catching and removal of all birds from inside the barns is done in a safe, timely and ethically manner.
- Assist in moving fencing for holding birds
- Occasional help with rake and shove is needed
- May drive from one work location to another
-Education: Not required
-Experience is an asset
-On-the-job-training will be provided
-Driver’s license is an asset (workers may drive from one work location to another)
– Work conditions and physical capabilities: Large workload, Repetitive tasks; physically demanding; Sitting; Walking; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time, handling heavy loads, tight deadlines, overtime required.
– Personal suitability: Organized, team player, flexibility
– Work site environment: Fast-paced environment; Outdoors, Noisy, Dusty, Cold/refrigerated, Hot, Wet/damp, Odours
-Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg.
Salary: $15.42 to $17.42 hourly, 30-60 hours per week depending on flock flow.
Benefits: Travel expenses will be covered by the employer if workers need to relocate, transportation will be provided to and from the job site(s), staff accommodation available at a discounted rate.
Important Information: The chosen candidates will work 5-7 days per week. Usually from Sunday night to Friday morning. In the event the worker works 7 days a week, then, the next week the worker will only work 5 days a week. The working hours will be set anywhere between 6 pm to 6 am. Flexibility on schedule is required as some days will start earlier and others finish later depending on the business needs and weather. Afternoon shifts will be required as well. The candidates will have 30 minutes of unpaid lunchtime and 1 healthy break (paid) every 4 hours of work. We guarantee that the worker will work a minimum of 30 hours per week in summer and winter.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected] / [email protected]
Apply by mail to: Box 606 Linden, Alberta, T0M 1J0