Mayne Inc. (Mayne Coatings Corp) is a premium architectural product manufacturer and a certified AAMA 2605 applicator specializing in powder coating and aluminum extrusion. The company is located at 120-1777 Clearbrook Road, Abbotsford, BC V2T 5X5. We are currently looking for an experienced Chemical Analyst, NOC 2211, to join our dynamic team in the full-time permanent position. This job opening is for the above-stated company location.
Role – Purpose and Scope:
The Chemical Analyst is primarily responsible for efficiently and effectively managing the Quality, Safety and Cost control of chemicals for a highly automated paint line, water treatment and extrusion die cleaning. Their goal is to ensure the effective implementation of SOPs and OIs for all related processes to manage quality through chemical treatment to completion. They will also be working closely with the Production Manager and/or Supervisor to ensure the effective production to its highest efficiency by ensuring extrusion die are prepared for production. This position will appeal to someone with extensive experience in the aluminum extrusion industry and a passion for process improvement.
• Effectively develop, implement and manage procedures for process on paint line, water treatment and caustic with chemical usage. SOPs OIs and Safety protocols
• Head processes in managing chemical usage and cost analysis
• Develop best practices from extrusion to paint and ensure the best surface treatment available is reached
• Maintain and keep up to date chemical inventory and track usage
• Train staff as required on technical support for extrusion, powder coating and caustic die cleaning with regards to chemical, safety and efficiencies
• Lead the caustic process to ensure that dies are properly cleaned to ensure there is no interruption in extrusion
• Work with Department Managers and Plant Manager to achieve the most efficient operations to meet external customer requirements while developing efficiencies in production processes meeting QA requirements from suppliers
• Work with the die corrector and extrusion manager to track costs for caustic usage in die cleaning process
• Develop and track various extrusion and powder coating efficiencies
• Oversee water waste treatment, track trends and ensuring the company meets local city code targets
• Effectively manage all other workflow and KPIs assigned by direct Manager
• Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements – Technical or Professional Knowledge and Experience:
• Min 3 years of previous work experience in aluminum extrusion, including powder coating, aluminum , water waste treatment, anodizing and powder coating surface treatment
• Completion of secondary school and a two- to four- year educational program in chemical engineering
• Extensive knowledge of the extrusion industry
• Extensive knowledge of the die cleaning and caustic
• Proven ability to develop and implement quality and technical documentation for aluminum extrusion and post finishing processes
• History in customer relations and technical support for aluminum extrusion and chemical processes for extrusion facility
• Ability to communicate in English
Salary and Work Hours:
• $28.85/ hour- 40 hours /week
• Once probation is complete, the employee is eligible for our profit share program, which ranges from $8,000 – $10,000 per year.
• RRSP Match
• Health Spending Account ($1500 single or $3000 couple)
• Long Term Disability
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Booth Allowance
• Company Bonus
• Vacation: 2 weeks within the first 5 years of employment accrued at 4% and 3 weeks after 5 years accrued at 6% of gross salary
Employer is committed to employment equity. This position is open to general public and the following groups: people with disabilities, youths, new immigrants, aboriginal people and older workers.
Please be advised that only those applicants who meet the specific job requirements stated above (eligibility should be clearly stated in a resume) will be considered for this position. We ask job seekers to clearly state whether they are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or a citizen of any other country (foreign worker) in their resume/cover letter.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]