||BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST INTERN/CO-OP – Summer 2023
||Hybrid/Remote – Canada
||All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer.
TD’s Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That’s our unique and inclusive culture.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
||Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Co-op/Intern Programming is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles, and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
• Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
• Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
• Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
||You will have the opportunity to work with one of our various teams within the Technology group. From Day 1, you will be treated as an equal member of the team and given meaningful assignments to help us deliver improvements to our technology platforms. This could include platforms such as core banking, customer servicing, or customer engagement.
Job responsibilities for a Business Systems Analyst Intern/Co-op may vary by area. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
• Work with business partners to define, develop and document detailed business requirements
• Participate as a member of agile pod team focused on developing new capabilities, including agile ceremonies.
• Collaborate with software engineers, product owners, and quality engineers to deliver an end-to-end capability from concept to production-deployment.
• Participate in Proof of Concept (POC) on new technologies and document findings
• Provide recommendations with full usability analysis.
• Conduct program/ system research, analysis, detailed design and problem resolution
• Respond to business and users’ enquiries on business applications
• Troubleshoot and determine root cause and resolution for application defects
• Apply Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Methodology (PMLC) to complete specific tasks for projects.
• Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments and develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery
||• Currently enrolled in a relevant technology programs, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Information
• Technology Management, Financial Analysis and Risk Management, Computing, etc.
• A thirst for constantly exploring emerging technology
• Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
• Proficient with Excel, Visio, SQL or similar visualization and analytical tools
• Able to manage multiple priorities and work independently, as well as part of a team
• Experience with technology project delivery and agile delivery methodology would be an asset
• Some prior experience with diagramming and visualization to express flows, business rules and interactions
• Hands-on programming experience is not required but would be an asset, which could include familiarity and strength in any of the following: C, C++, C#, Object C, Java, Java Script, Python, NodeJS, Ruby, SQL, J2EE, Web Services, .NET, VBA, FPML, XML, HTTP, WSDL, Linux, Unix, Perl, Oracle, AIX, Windows, DB2,
||At TD, we recognize there is more work to be done on our collective journey towards Truth and Reconciliation. That’s why, we’re applying our business, people and philanthropy to help create a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow for Indigenous Peoples across Canada. We believe this is a key step forward on our journey towards Truth and Reconciliation.
We’re committed to the ongoing development and growth of colleagues, so that they can unlock their full potential and achieve their career goals. We treat colleagues with the same care, warmth and respect that we show our customers, and we know that caring colleagues and supportive leaders are what makes TD unique. To learn more, visit Indigenous talent at TD:
Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.
Early Talent Requirements
• This position is a 4-month work term and will commence May 1 – August 25th, 2023.
• Applications must include a resume (maximum of 2 pages). We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview..
• TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
||At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
All students who self-identify as an Indigenous Person (First Nations, Inuit, or Métis) are encouraged to advise of their application by notifying Joshua Cayer, Diversity Talent Sourcing – Indigenous Peoples: email@example.com