Seeking volunteers to join the MakeWay Board of Directors! MakeWay is a groundbreaking national charitable organization and public foundation building partnerships and solutions for nature and communities to thrive together. Like many organizations, MakeWay is undergoing exciting changes in the ways we think, act and respond to the pressing issues of our time, including support for Indigenous-led solutions and a greater focus on racial justice. To help guide us in our mission, MakeWay is seeking for the first time, new members for its outstanding Board of Directors through a public call
We are seeking to fill up to three upcoming board vacancies with individuals with skills and experience in any the following areas: public relations and media, leadership in philanthropy, and/or governmental relations
- Demonstrated skills and experience in any of the following areas: public relations and media, philanthropic leadership, governmental relations
- Previous volunteer experience on a non-profit board/governance structure
- Commitment to MakeWay’s mission of nature and communities thriving together
- Alignment with MakeWay’s values of PLACE: partnership, listening, action, courage and equity
- Must be located in Canada
- Attend four quarterly board meetings and the Annual General Meeting (at least one in-person)
- Participate on at least one of the board sub-committees (Finance and Audit, Investment and Governance)
- Help determine and steward the organization’s mission and overarching objectives
- Oversee the organization’s financial viability and risk management
- Uphold appropriate governance processes, including CEO oversight, board succession, and other fiduciary responsibilities
- Participate in the development and implementation of a long-term vision and strategic framework for MakeWay
MakeWay is committed to being an organization whose leadership and staff are reflective of the populations of this country. We strongly encourage BIPOC candidates to apply as well as individuals from remote or rural communities, and from Quebec and Atlantic provinces.
Interested in joining the MakeWay board of Directors, and contributing your time and talents to a meaningful mission? Contact Lillian Onyido with your cover letter and resume, or an audio/visual recording explaining your interest in the role (7 minutes max).
(647) 455- 4402