Company: Bellstar Hotels and Resorts Ltd.
Business Information: Bellstar Hotels & Resorts manages destination resorts across Western Canada (including our Solara Resort & Spa at Canmore, Alberta). Bellstar ensures each managed property maintains its unique individuality, while leveraging key centralized management resources ensuring operating efficiencies, while also benefiting from Bellstar’s corporate mission of exceptional experiences for guests, owners and employees.
Business Address: 187 Kananaskis Way, Canmore, AB, T1W 0A3
Work Location: Solara Resort & Spa at 187 Kananaskis Way, Canmore, AB, T1W 0A3
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Co-ordinate inspection of assigned areas
- Ensure that safety standards and departmental policies are met
- Ensure that local health and sanitation regulations are carried out
- Maintain inventory of supplies, equipment and uniforms. Ensure all job tools and equipment are well maintained, maintain inventory controls and waste management
- Respond to complaints of guests
- Supervise staff,
- Co-ordinate contract services,
- Supervise maintenance and repair services,
- Co-ordinate maintenance and repair services,
- Supervise in-house laundry services,
- Co-ordinate in-house laundry services,
- Relieve the Housekeeping Manager when required
- Represent Bellstar in a positive manner while acting suitably at all times
- Discipline team members when appropriate, escalate when necessary
- Promote positive relationships in communication and cooperation with all co-workers and customers.
– Education: Completion of high school is required. A university degree or college diploma in hospital management, hotel management or business administration is a strong asset.
– Experience: At least 1 year of experience as a cleaning supervisor and additional experience as a light duty cleaner or as a housekeeping attendant is required
– Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, attention to detail, standing for extended periods, tight deadlines, combination of sitting, standing, walking and large workload
– Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent oral communication, client focus, flexibility, Interpersonal awareness, Dependability, Excellent written communication, Initiative, Judgement, Organized, Team player, Reliability
Salary: $19.00 to $20.00 Hourly, 40 – 44 hours per week
Benefits: Extended medical insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, vision care benefits and group insurance.
Important Information: Work schedule is from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM (including one 30-minute unpaid lunch break and two 15 minutes paid healthy breaks). Flexibility on schedule is required including weekend/holidays hours. Overtime might be required during weekend and high season.
Apply by e-mail to [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 187 Kananaskis Way, Canmore, AB, T1W 0A3
Apply by fax: 403-609-3455