Fix Auto Drayton Valley is an expert in car body repair and collision repair for all types of vehicles. The body shop in Drayton Valley guarantees cars body repair for life. Being part of Fix Auto’s international network of body shops, they have established a reputation respected by many insurers.
Fix Auto Drayton Valley is looking to hire an Auto Body Technician to join their team.
Employment location: 5508 53 Avenue, Drayton Valley, AB, T7A 1S8
• 1 vacancy
• Wage: $30.00/hour
• 40 hours/week schedule
Terms of employment:
• Permanent, Full time
• Start date: As soon as possible
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Review damage report and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed
• Replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components
• File, grind and sand body surfaces to be repaired
• Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting
• Hammer out dents, buckles and defects using blocks and hammers
• Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills and bolt or weld replacement parts into place
• Apply primers and repaint surfaces
• Repair or replace interior components
• Repair or replace damaged windows, windshields and sunroofs
• Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling
• Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams
• Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment
• Mix paint, blend and match colors
Qualifications and Skills:
• Secondary (high) school certificate
• Auto body repairer certification
• 2 years to less than 3 years of work experience
• Ability to speak English
• Candidate should be able to work in a Fast-paced environment, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Overtime required
• Candidate must be Reliability, Judgement, Dependability, Excellent oral communication, Team player, Accurate, Flexibility, Initiative
• Driving record check (abstract)
• Candidate must be willing to relocate and have a valid drivers license and own transportation
If this describes you, and you have the necessary experience and education, then let’s talk! By joining Fix Auto you have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment; one that promises to be innovative, team oriented, and recognised for its quality repairs. We invite qualified applicants to forward cover letters and detailed resumes to this posting – please acknowledge in writing the location of this job posting as relocation costs are the responsibility of the applicant. Respectfully, previous applicants need not apply unless qualifications have recently changed. We thank all candidates for their time; during this challenging economic time we wish all job seekers the very best of luck.
Applicants can apply by email at [email protected] or fax applications to 780-542-5166.
Walk-ins will not be entertained. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.