DEPARTMENT: MCFN – Finance
REPORTING TO: Chief Financial Officer
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Fort Chipewyan or Fort McMurray, AB
Mikisew Cree First Nation (MCFN) is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk to join the Finance team. MCFN is a Woodland Cree, Treaty 8 First Nation. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounting Clerk will work with the Finance team to execute full cycle bookkeeping for MCFN.
- Execute full cycle accounting including administer payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, month-end reconciliations and related government remittances, audits and WCB.
- Assist with reporting templates, project out turns (verify against budgets), inventory tracking and other administrative planning as assigned.
- Complete bank reconciliations.
- Interact with clients and contractors; assist with business and banking setup.
- Assist with year-end preparations, T4s, and ROEs.
- Ensure timely completion of weekly, monthly, and annual cut-offs.
- Support the CFO and Controller with other duties as required.
- Grade 12 or equivalent with desire to pursue courses/certificate/diploma in accounting or business.
- Past accounting experience is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of automated accounting control systems.
- Analytical and organization skills are essential.
- Must always maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, familiarity with Xyntax and Sage software is an asset.
- Self-starter who can relate to a broad range of people, takes direction well and can work with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and current clear criminal record check.
- Knowledge of the Cree culture and traditions and ability to speak Cree is desirable.