REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
CFAR EVENT COORDINATOR – CONTRACT POSITION
The Circle for Aboriginal Relations (CFAR) is a registered non-profit Society mandated to provide support, information and networking opportunities to our members, primarily through events. CFAR provides a forum for professional development and opportunities to collectively address areas of interest to Indigenous Relations professionals. Our members include “front line” Indigenous Relations professionals from First Nations, Mètis and Inuit communities, municipal, provincial and federal governments as well as industry.
The Circle for Aboriginal Relations Society (CFAR) is seeking a skilled professional events coordinator to contract to assist the organization with planning and executing our 2017 CFAR Events. This position will be responsible for promoting and coordinating events, including planning menus, booking speakers and entertainment, putting up decorations, ordering materials, overseeing volunteer event staff, and ensuring every event runs smoothly.
We have enjoyed working with an extremely gifted and dedicated Events Coordinator over the last two years, and are engaged in this request for proposals at the end of the previous contract period. This RFP process will re-occur at the end of every contract period. We anticipate 6 events in the calendar year including a one day golf tournament held immediately prior to our annual conference (a one and one half day event), an AGM and Networking event, and 4 additional Networking events (evening, breakfast or lunch time events). These events will be held in Alberta, with the majority of the events taking place in Edmonton or Calgary. The events will enjoy participation typically between 50 and 250 individuals. As a grassroots organization it is important that our events remain affordable for our members. Please keep this in mind when responding to this RFP.
CFAR Event Coordinator (Contract position to December 31, 2017):
- Highly motivated
- Familiarity with Indigenous culture and protocol
- Logistics and detail-oriented mindset
- Forward-thinking attitude, ability to work independently and make sound decisions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to identify and manage priorities
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work assignments
- Proven communication (verbal and written), analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and reporting skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Social media aptitude
- Bachelors degree in marketing, event management diploma, or equivalent experience
- Develop and manage master event schedule and schedules of events
- Identify and prioritize tasks and requirements to be completed for events
-Outline a schedule for completion of these tasks (including target dates)
-Manage and report on the task completion schedules
- Establish, maintain and monitor budgets for events
- Liaise with venues, CFAR Executive Director and Events Committee
- (e.g., assume the “point of contact” role for 2017 event planning)
-Coordinate all event logistics and related services
(e.g.: menu planning, tasting, and selection, catering, room setup, AV requirements, transportation, gifting, special requirements (elders, dignitaries and etc.), accommodation, sponsorship recognition, powerpoint presentations, signage, etc.)
- Liaise with CFAR Executive Director and graphic artist in development of marketing materials for event
- Market and promote events via various media (social media, email, newsletters, newspaper, radio, etc.)
- Contact and liaise with potential event speakers and with potential workshop hosts
- Contact and liaise with event master of ceremonies and develop MC event scripts
- Assist in planning and securing entertainment and social aspects of events including photography and any other mechanical recording of events
– Supervise and coordinate event volunteers and develop job descriptions for each role
- Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers and other display materials
- Keep inventory of gifts and event promotional product
- Attend periodical (weekly leading up to events) update meetings by phone or in person and report monthly on activities
- Draft and submit (to CFAR Executive Director) final event reports within three weeks of events. A final report should include:
-A full budget to actual comparison(expenses/revenue)
-A breakdown of attendee demographics (per category)
-Compilation of delegate feedback
-Summary of successes and areas for improvement in the planning and execution of the events (for future planning purposes)
-Recommendations for future events
The successful events coordinator will commence work with CFAR immediately. The successful candidate will work closely with the CFAR Executive Director and Events Committee and will report to the Executive Director.
The RFP submission deadline is February 03, 2017 with selection of the successful candidate by January 31, 2017.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR LUMP SUM PROPOSAL AND SUMMARY OF RELATED EXPERIENCE TO:
Sandra Sutter, CFAR Society
P.O. Box 67195, Northland Village PO, Calgary, AB T2L 2L2
Any questions related to this RFP should be directed to Sandra Sutter (contact information above). The Circle for Aboriginal Relations looks forward to receiving proposals from interested candidates. Responses will be limited to those individuals who are deemed to meet the requirements of the position.
We thank you for your interest.
Todd Belot, President