NorQuest welcomes new interim President and CEO
January 06, 2020
NorQuest’s Board of Governors is pleased to announce Joan Hertz as the college’s interim President and CEO.
“Joan’s experience, strong strategic thinking, and love of NorQuest make her an ideal person to step in and provide the necessary leadership while we search for NorQuest’s next President and CEO,” says Carla Madra, Acting Board Chair.
Hertz previously served as Vice President, External Affairs and Corporate Counsel for NorQuest College from 2015-18 and contributed to the college’s remarkable growth.
“I am honoured to have been asked by the college’s Board of Governors to come back on an interim basis to serve as President. NorQuest is an amazing organization that has tremendous impact in the lives of our students and in our community,” says Hertz.
During the past years, NorQuest has witnessed extraordinary growth.
- We expanded our programming to include more than 30 offerings
- We’re proud to serve more than 19,000 learners today
- We doubled our international student population by welcoming more than 750 new students last fall
- We raised $21.2 million in support of college services and student success
- We introduced new partnerships and services like the Alberta Indigenous Construction Career Centre and Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation Hospitality Institute
- We completely transformed our Edmonton downtown campus
As the college continues to serve students and the community, a search process is currently underway for NorQuest’s new President and CEO.
Stay tuned to see more exciting developments and opportunities for NorQuest College as we welcome 2020!