Speakers and guests will include:
- Ermineskin Cree Nation Chief Craig Makinaw
- Louis Bull Tribe Chief Irvin Bull
- Montana First Nation Chief Leonard Standingontheroad
- Samson Cree Nation Chief Vernon Saddleback
- Canada’s Minister of Indigenous Services Jane Philpott
- Assembly of First Nations National Chief Perry Bellegarde
- Treaty 6 Grand Chief Wilton Littlechild
The Maskwacîs Education Schools Commission will coordinate the day’s events, which will include a pipe ceremony, signing of official documents, opening and closing remarks, and a community dinner open to Maskwacîs community members. A photo opportunity will be available after the signing.
WHAT: The Maskwacîs Education Agreement signing ceremony
WHEN: Friday, May 18, 2018 at 11:00AM
WHERE: Bear Park, Maskwacîs, AB (Google Map) | 52°50’31.1″N 113°27’28.3″W
Maskwacîs Education Schools Commission (MESC) is the new education authority for all 11 schools and two Head Start programs in Maskwacîs. The primary goal of MESC is improving educational opportunities, services and student success for all students who attend our schools in Maskwacîs.
For further information: FOR MEDIA INQUIRIES: Whitney Brown, Communications Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 778.834.9286; Ashley Dennehy, Communications Coordinator, email@example.com, 780.585.3333