- Atlantic NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Canadian Mountain Network Call for Nominations: Vice Chair – Board of Directors
Are you a ‘mountain person’ committed to the well-being of Canada’s mountain peoples and places?
Are you a seasoned leader with not-for-profit governance experience?
Are you looking for an opportunity to bring your passion and energy to grow partnerships, knowledge, and research in service of Canada’s diverse mountain regions?
If you said ‘yes’ — or you know someone who would — the Canadian Mountain Network wants to hear from you.
About the Canadian Mountain Network
Twenty-five percent, or 1.5 million square km, of Canada’s landmass is covered by mountains. These important and influential landscapes—whether described in terms of plate tectonics, watersheds, ecosystem services, or sacred places—are essential to the environmental, economic, social, spiritual, and cultural identity and well-being of Canada’s diverse peoples.
The Canadian Mountain Network (CMN) was established as a not-for-profit organization hosted by the University of Alberta in 2019. CMN benefits from the generous support of Canada’s research granting agencies through a five-year, $18.3 million grant from the Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE) program. Combined with contributions from diverse partner organizations, this funding represents a once-in-a-generation opportunity to position Canada as a global leader in mountain systems research at a time when Canada’s mountain systems are undergoing rapid and uncertain change.
CMN’s purpose is to support the resilience and health of Canada’s mountain peoples and places through research partnerships based on Indigenous and Western ways of knowing that inform decision-making and action.
As a new and emerging organization, the CMN is going through an exciting period of development and growth. We are currently looking for a dynamic leader to bring experience and energy to the volunteer Board of Directors as Vice Chair.
The Vice Chair of the CMN will demonstrate leadership by:
- Being an active leader among the Board of Directors;
- Acting as a spokesperson and representative for the organization;
- Participating as a member of the Finance Committee and the Governance Committee to support strong internal communications and coordination;
- Keeping informed about community issues relevant to the mission and objectives of CMN;
- Being prepared to move into the Chair role as required;
Candidates for the role of Vice Chair will bring the following to the organization:
- A commitment to CMN’s mission to support the resilience and health of Canada’s mountain peoples and places through research partnerships;
- Demonstrated significant experience living and/or working in at least one of Canada’s many mountain regions;
- Knowledge and experience with Board governance, particularly in a non-profit setting;
- Sufficient time to devote to their primary duties, anticipated at roughly at 15-20h per month.
- The ability to commit to a term of at least one year.
Questions and Applications
If you are interested in this role, please contact CMN Managing Director Matthew Berry to learn more (firstname.lastname@example.org or 403 700 2822).
To apply, submit by email a CV and a brief cover email outlining your interest and the reasons that you would be a great fit for the Board of Directors of the CMN and the Vice Chair Board Officer role.
The Network will accept applications until the role is filled.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.