Competition: # EDM-18-061
Open to: This Category II position is open to all interested parties.
Personnel Support Programs
Fitness & Sports
Permanent Full Time Position
Who We Are:
CFMWS is committed to enhancing the morale and welfare of the military community, ultimately contributing to the operational readiness and effectiveness of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). We pride ourselves on being part of the Defence Team. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.cfmws.com.
Under the direction of the Manager, Fitness and Sports, the Reconditioning Specialist coordinates with Base medical officers, physiotherapists, colleagues and Commanding Officers (CO) in the design and delivery of fitness programs for members with or without medical conditions, as required. She/he participates as a member of the Integrated Personnel Support Centre (IPSC) partners meeting, as required. She/he participates as a member in medical meetings hosted by the Base Surgeon, as required. The Reconditioning Specialist provides recommendations and advice on health and physical fitness policies and procedures to colleagues as well as the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Chain of Command, as required. She/he develops, implements, and evaluates Base group and individualized physical fitness training sessions and programs in environments such as aquatic, outdoor, indoor, arena or obstacle course, as required for populations with or without medical conditions, physical limitations or disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Human Kinetics, Exercise Physiology, Exercise Sciences or a related field AND some years of experience in physical fitness evaluation and prescription, adapted physical fitness and return to work, or in a related field AND Current Certified Exercise Physiologist (CEP) certification Current CPR and Basic First Aid qualifications Current National Lifeguard Certificate (NL) qualification AND Successful completion of the Personnel Support Programs (PSP) Fitness & Sports Level 1 and 2 courses and Reconditioning Level 1 and 2 courses by the end of probation
Language requirement: English Essential
- In the development, coordination, research, planning and delivery of reconditioning, physical fitness programming, motor skill development, evaluation protocols and exercise prescription
- In providing fitness counseling to clients with physical and/or mental injuries
- In referring clients requiring lifestyle, supplementary medical assessments or medical advice to services providers
- In coordinating and leading physical fitness evaluations and baseline testing techniques for individuals with chronic metabolic and/or musculoskeletal disorders or injuries
- In researching, designing and conducting physical fitness education sessions
- In data collection, data assessment, case management and report writing
- In reviewing assessments of medical providers on physiological, physical or occupational limitations and restrictions and physical fitness plans and developing recommendations for medical providers on reconditioning, physical fitness programming, motor skill development, evaluation protocols and exercise prescription
- In coordinating with external services regarding client/patient progress and providing recommendations for client progression
- In researching, preparing and delivering reports
- In establishing, fostering, and sustaining partnerships with a network of professional contacts in the local community and external organizations
- In providing lifeguard duties
- In the provision of oral and written communications for professional and public audiences
- In research, development and conduction of health, wellness and fitness education training and facilitation of workshops
- In the facilitation of briefings on specialised topics for adult audiences
- In applying policies, procedures, and regulations
- In using Publisher
Salary: $65,550 – $77,130 per annum
Relocation: The successful candidate may be eligible for relocation benefits
NPF employees must demonstrate the following shared competencies: client service, organizational knowledge, communication, innovation, teamwork and leadership.
Employment Equity: NPF is strongly committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. Therefore we promote employment equity and encourage candidates to voluntarily self-identify on their application if they are members of a designated group (i.e. a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a visible minority).
Start Date: as soon as possible
Posting Date: 13 June 2018
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.