Gurcharan Chawla is currently looking for a family caregiver for a senior. Applicant is required to work in employer’s home, but there is no live-in requirement.
Terms of employment:
- Vacancies: 1
- Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Full time, permanent position
- Job start date: As son as possible
- Employment conditions: Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible hours
Employment location: Edmonton, AB
Duties and responsibilities:
- Feeding senior depending on schedule – breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack
- Clothing and daily hygiene activities
- Watching senior in home and taking senior outside 1-2 times/day (weather permitting)
- Taking and supervising senior to parks and other activities
- Bathing senior whenever necessary or depending on need and schedule
- Putting senior to bed as scheduled
- Mend clothing and linens
- Administer medications
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Candidate must be punctual, organized, flexible, must take initiative, have good judgement and be reliable.
Language: Candidate must be able to speak, read and understand English. Candidate’s level of English must be sufficient to contact emergency services if required and to understand labels on medication.
Education and Experience: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate AND 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in related occupation/field.
Security and Safety: Candidate must be able to provide criminal record check and references
Transportation/Travel Information: Own vehicle, Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Bending, crouching, kneeling, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Repetitive tasks
Work Location Information: Urban area
Work Site Environment: Non-smoking
Target Audience: Females, Persons with physical disabilities, Elderly
Weight Handling: Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, then don’t delay — apply today!
By email: email@example.com
By fax: 780-395-9666