CHILD CAREGIVER – Private Household (care needed for 2 children)
Employer: Adu-Poku Family
Employer’s address: CHALMERS WAY, SW, EDMONTON, AB, T6W-2E9
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Supervise and care for children
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Give medications as prescribed for the children.
- Prepare formulas and change diapers for infants.
Children’s ages: 2 years and 6 months old children
Work setting: Private household
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required
-Experience: At least a year of full-time experience as a caregiver is required
Salary: $13.60 to $15.60 hourly, 44 Hours per week (expected overtime)
Benefits: 7 paid sick leave days/year
- The candidate will be responsible for the care of children ages 2 years and 6 months old.
- Workday varies depending on the parents work schedule (at least 10 hours a day)
- Flexibility on schedule is sometimes required due to the work schedules of parents.
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com