Company: Bearstone Ex Inc.
Business information: We are a full-service masonry company that specializes in all aspects of the masonry industry. We cover a vast array of projects from commercial to high end residential.
Business address: 53 Industry Way SE, Calgary, AB, T3S 0A2
Work Location: Various locations in Alberta: Calgary, Airdrie, Cochrane, Drumheller. These locations vary depending on the company’s projects.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units
- Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
- Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations
- Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces
- Lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys
- Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks
- Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials
- Estimate materials, labour, tools and equipment
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Instruct apprentices
- Supervise other workers
- Restore, clean or paint existing masonry structures
– Education: Completion of secondary school is required
– Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If Candidate does not have at least three years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required
– Handling heavy loads is required
– Have or be ready to obtain the Bricklayer Certificate delivered by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Office is an asset
Salary: $38.43 to $39.43 hourly, 40 Hours per week
Benefits: 9.6% Vacation Paid, Health Care benefits after 3 months
Flexibility on schedule is required. Schedule will be Monday to Friday; starting at 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 53 Industry Way SE, Calgary AB T3S 0A2